Creating Merge Profiles
As you create your new merges, you will follow basically the same process for creating each merge profile, while using the "Blank for Merges" profile as the base. Once you have created a merge profile, run the following steps to prepare the merge:
- Switch to the profile for the merge group you are working on.
- Manually activate each of the mods to be included in the merge, along with their masters.
- In a few instances, the masters you just activated in step 2 will ALSO require masters. Identify these (if any) and activate these masters as well.
- Place all mods in the Merge List at the bottom of the right pane of MO2, in the order they are shown in the list.
Once you have successfully arranged the merge profile, it's time to actually create the merge.
- Ensure that the correct merge profile is active.
- Open zEdit and select zMerge from the drop-down menu.
- Press Start Session.
- Press the Create Merge button.
- Under the Detail tab, fill in the name and filename of the merge (specified below).
- Select the Clobber merge method.
- Under the Plugins tab, select the plugins to include in the merge (not their masters).
- Under the Load Order tab make sure Use game load order is checked.
- Press the Build button to create your merge.
- When the message "Merge successfully created" appears, you can close zMerge by clicking the X in the top right corner.
- Switch back to your main game profile, place the new merged mod where the instructions tell you to, and activate the merge.
- Run Merge Plugins Hide and disable all the plugins relevant to the merge you just completed.