Creating Merge Profiles
As you create your new merges, you will follow basically the same process for creating each merge profile, while using the "Blank for Merges" profile as the base. Once you have created a merge profile, run the following steps to prepare the merge:
- Select your main profile where all your mods are enabled. Run
Prepare Mergefrom the plugin menu and select this as the base profile for merge preparation by clicking on
Load active profile as base. The virtual file system of this profile will be used to generate the plugin-to-mod mapping. Then close the window.
- Change to a
new profilefor creating the merge.
Prepare Mergeagain and select the plugins you want to merge by dragging them into the right list. Reorder the list to match your desired load order from top (low priority) to bottom (high priority). Finally, click the
Prepare merge in active profilebutton and close the window.
- The mods that contain those plugins will be enabled and the plugins placed at the end of the load order. Additionally, masters of the active plugins will be enabled as well until there are no missing masters left.
- Run zMerge to generate the merge as usual.
Once you have successfully arranged the merge profile, it's time to actually create the merge.
- Ensure that the correct merge profile is active.
- Open zEdit and select zMerge from the drop-down menu.
- Press Start Session.
- Press the Create Merge button.
- Under the Detail tab, fill in the name and filename of the merge (specified below).
- Select the Clobber merge method.
- Under the Plugins tab, select the plugins to include in the merge (not their masters).
- Under the Load Order tab make sure Use game load order is checked.
- Press the Build button to create your merge.
- When the message "Merge successfully created" appears, you can close zMerge by clicking the X in the top right corner.
- Switch back to your main game profile, place the new merged mod where the instructions tell you to, and activate the merge.
- Run Merge Plugins Hide and disable all the plugins relevant to the merge you just completed.